Mar 22, 2010
11:30 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDI decided to do something a little different in an effort to gain more followers. I received a Samsung Q2 (which I'm going to review), and I also have a brand new one to give away! So, when I get 100 followers of this blog I will close the giveaway. Until then, you can enter using any and all of the ways described below, and I highly encourage you to tell all of your friends about this so we can get to 100 followers and close this on April 30th (and not later)! Good luck!
Now for the review...
I received this mp3 player, and since I already have an iPod I decided to give it to my husband to use for himself. The first thing I needed to do, however, was to put some music on it. But my hubby doesn't listen to music, so instead I put recorded lectures on it (yes, he's weird). The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to put the lectures I downloaded onto the device. The mp3 player comes with the software and cables you need, and the instructions are easy to follow as well. It took no time at all for me to put all of the lectures I could find onto the player for my hubby to listen to on his way to work every day.
I also love the nice big screen (2.4 inches!), and the fact that it is soooo slim means it will fit easily into a pants pocket. It's also compatible with MP3, WAV, OGG, and FLAC for audio; MPEG4 and WMV for video, and JPEG photos. This means that I can take basically any media format that's already on my computer and put it onto this device without having to convert it to a different format. Even better is the fact that there's a built in FM radio and you can even record songs directly from the radio. That's something I always wanted to do as a kid...and something that I even tried doing with a tape recorder without much luck. Now it's as easy as pressing a button! It will even scan all of the available FM stations in less than 60 seconds.
Now for the good stuff...how much music will this baby hold? Well, it has 8GB of memory, so that's 2000 songs, or 19 hours of video, or 137 hours of voice recording. And how long with the battery last? Well, you can listen to your music for up to 50 hours or watch up to 7 hours of video. Not bad, eh? I like not having to plug in my electronic devices every day. :-)
And how does it sound? Well, Samsung has an exclusive Digital Natural Sound Engine (called DNSe 3.0) which automatically upgrades MP3s to CD quality with a powerful bass boost. You may be wondering if having this bass boost will create distortions, right? Nope. No distortions! It can even slow down songs without changing the pitch just in case you want to learn a song and you're having trouble at full speed.
Bottom line: This is a really user-friendly, powerful mp3 player. I love it, my hubby loves it, and I know you will too!
Win a Samsung Q2 Video MP3 Player!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, you need to publicly follow this blog and/or subscribe on Google Reader. Then comment here and tell me what song(s) you would put on your mp3 player.
1) Follow @TheTwinners on twitter and comment here with your twitter screenname for 1 additional entry.
2) Tweet the following message up to 2x per day (must be at least 4 hours apart to count) and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
Win a Samsung Q2 Video MP3 Player from @TheTwinners! #giveaways http://bit.ly/9X4bMh
3) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook and comment here for 1 additional entry.
4) Click here to Stumble this post and comment to receive 1 additional entry.
5) Click here to Stumble this blog and comment to receive 1 additional entry.
6) Click here to Kirtsy this post and comment to receive 1 additional entry.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription for 1 additional entry.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 1 additional entry.
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways (1 additional entry per giveaway). Comment here to let me know which other giveaways you're in! (These must be CURRENT OPEN giveaways when you post your comment.)
11) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 3 additional entries), and you can do this once per day! Make sure to comment 3 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
12) Click here to vote for me as one of the top 50 Mommy Bloggers on Babble and get 1 additional entry. Make sure you find my blog (alphabetically, I'm on page 13) and click the "thumbs up" that says "I like this blogger" to vote for me.
Since I've now hit 100 followers, this giveaway will close on April 30, 2010 at midnight. (I will not be able to login to my computer until 5/1 in the evening to pick the winner, but entries posted after 4/30 at midnight will not count.)
The winner will be drawn via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be drawn. Free shipping of prize to US addresses; international addresses will have to pay the difference in shipping costs.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.