Jul 28, 2010
8:55 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDMy hubby is always complaining about how his socks cut off the circulation to his calves, so I was very excited to hand him a brand new pair of black socks to try! BlackSocks has been around since the 1990's and was started by a man who was frustrated about finding matching socks in his sock drawer. He came up with the BlackSocks sockscription solution. Not only did he want to develop a fine line of socks - designed for long lasting wear - but in case a sock was lost, or worse yet, had a hole in the big toe (or any toe for that matter), more socks were automatically on the way. And this is how the sockscription concept was born.
My hubby had the privilege of trying out the above pair of Men's Classic Black Cotton Calf Socks. He reported to me that they have an average level of comfort, but they still dig into his calves. Personally, I think he just has big calves since ALL socks he wears do this, but anyway...
- BlackSocks calf socks were the number one brand selected in product comparison tests conducted by two leading European consumer magazines: Kassensturz and Ktipp. They were the top choice among the top 16 bestselling men's socks.
- The socks are made from 87% high quality pima cotton, with a blend of Lycra and polyamide fabric to provide strength and durability.
- The calf socks are all natural and hypoallergenic.
- BlackSocks men's dress socks and knee high socks are certified by the Oeko-Tex® Standard 100, an international testing service that ensures that products are ecologically sound, use no harmful substances, are hypoallergenic and are suitable for sensitive skin. Their entire product line has been scientifically evaluated under this standard.
- The socks are comfortable and will not fray or wear out quickly, even with repeated washing.
- The socks are very expensive.
- They also dig into my hubby's calves, as all other socks do.
Overall: We give BlackSocks an 8/10.
One very lucky reader will win a pair of BlackSocks Men's Classic Black Cotton Calf Socks!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Visit the BlackSocks website, comment here and tell me another product of theirs that you would love to try.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Sign up for a sockscription for 10 additional entries!
3) Follow @joeblacksocks on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
5) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a pair of @joeblacksocks Classic Calf Socks! #Giveaway ends 8/11. http://bit.ly/clzvAi
6) Become a fan of BlackSocks on Facebook.
7) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
8) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
9) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
10) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
11) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
13) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 7/28 or non-giveaway posts from before 7/21 WILL BE DELETED.)
14) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
15) Join Swagbucks using this link.
16) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on August 11, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a pair of BlackSocks Classic Black Cotton Calf Socks free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.