Jul 30, 2010
8:00 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDDoes someone you love have an allergy to wheat/gluten (Celiac Diseae)? How about an allergy to milk, eggs, peanuts or tree nuts? Or maybe you're vegan? Well, I know people with all of the above mentioned allergies. My husband is allergic to tree nuts, and it's very difficult to find him treats like cookies that don't say "may contain traces of..." on the package. Luckily he's not as allergic as some people I know, and he takes his chances a lot of times on those cookies, but every once in a while he's not lucky and has a reaction. There was also a period of time shortly after we were married when he was having terrible stomach trouble and doctors thought he might have Celiac Disease. It turns out he doesn't have it, but he went on a gluten-free diet for a while and it did actually make him feel a lot better. But those gluten-free cookies from the store don't always taste good...which is why I'm so happy to bring you a review of Dr. Lucy's Cookies!
Dr. Lucy's Cookies are gluten free and made without milk, eggs, peanuts or tree nuts. They have a dedicated bakery where they use the very best allergen control methods to help safeguard you and your family. They also use the best available testing methods to exclude these allergens. But this doesn't mean that the cookies are tasteless. Just the opposite! Every crispy, crunchy, delicious Dr. Lucy’s cookie has a light airy texture people love. And, of course, Dr. Lucy's Cookies are Kosher Pareve certified by Star K!!
Dr. Lucy's sent me samples of each of their cookie flavors: Sugar Cookie, Cinnamon Thin, Chocolate Chip, and Oatmeal Cookie. Of course, I tried the Chocolate Chip Cookies first, and I was not disappointed. They were absolutely delicious!! I do prefer a soft-baked cookie, but I didn't mind that these were the hard-baked kind. And apparently neither did my family since, after a few days, the box was empty... Hmmm... So we moved onto the Oatmeal Cookies. The consensus is that they're good, but not as good as the chocolate chip ones. (Well, what do you expect from my chocoholic family? lol) My hubby also says that he would prefer them with raisins. The next up were the Sugar Cookies. They taste good, but are a bit too sweet for my family. We tend not to have too much sugar in our diets, so they might be ok for someone who is used to it. Then again, they are SUGAR cookies. :-) Lastly, we tried the Cinnamon Thins. These are also a bit too sweet for us, but they were good nonetheless.
- Dr. Lucy's Cookies are are gluten-, milk-, egg-, peanut- and tree nut-free!
- The cookies are also vegan and certified kosher.
- This is a somewhat guilt-free snack at only 130 calories per serving (3 cookies).
- The cookies are delicious, so people with food allergies won't feel like they're missing out.
- There are four great varieties to choose from.
- You can buy boxes of cookies for the home and/or "grab & go bags" for easy portability.
- If you buy a Dr. Lucy's Cookies Variety Case from Amazon, the cookies are quite inexpensive.
- You can also buy Dr. Lucy's Cookies at a store near you.
- The cookies don't come in a soft-baked variety.
- The Sugar Cookie and Cinnamon Thin varieties may be too sweet for some.
- There are no raisins in the Oatmeal Cookies.
Overall: We give Dr. Lucy's Cookies a 9/10!
One of you very lucky readers will win a gift basket of four boxes (one of each flavor) and eight grab & go bags (two of each flavor) of Dr. Lucy's Cookies!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, you must publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect. Then, visit the Dr. Lucy's Cookies website, comment here and tell which flavor you most want to try. Also tell me in your comment if you know someone with a food allergy, who it is and what's the allergy.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @lucys_tweets on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a @lucys_tweets cookie gift basket! #Giveaway ends 8/13. http://bit.ly/bTNUP6
5) Become a fan of Dr. Lucy's Cookies on Facebook.
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 7/29 or non-giveaway posts from before 7/22 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on August 13, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a Dr. Lucy's Cookies variety pack free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.