Jul 14, 2010
12:00 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
My hubby always takes the most bizarre food combinations to work for his lunch/dinner, and I've been begging him to pack more things so he doesn't starve. (You would be amazed at what this man can subsist on for 8 hours of work...) With his EasyLunchbox, I know that he's taking at least three different items in the plastic container as well as an apple, an orange, a banana and a protein bar on top. :-) There's even room for a small bottle of water, if he wanted to take one. The lunch bag is big enough to hold whatever he wants to take with him but small enough to fit inside his backpack. (Yes, my 41-year-old husband takes a backpack to work...) Anyway, the lunch bag also functions as a cooler, so he doesn't need to use the refrigerator at work. (I think he'd rather go hungry all day than put something in the work refrigerator...)
- The cooler bags are made from high quality, non-toxic materials. (No vinyl, lead or PVC!)
- The bags are very roomy at 9" x 6.5" x 6.5" and come in five different colors.
- The cooler bags will keep your food cold if you use an ice pack inside.
- The bags also allow you to carry your food upright, so there are fewer spills.
- You can fit up to three plastic food storage containers in one lunch bag.
- You can actually fit your entire meal in the lunch bag without stuffing!
- The bags are very easy to clean and can even go in the washing machine (cold water/'delicates' soap/gentle cycle/air dry).
- You can also add a name tag, keyring or other "flair" to the lunch bag.
- The plastic food storage containers have a large compartment, that's just the right size for a sandwich, and two smaller compartments.
- The containers also come with their own lids.
- These containers are fantastic for portion control!
- They also stack, so you can pack them the night before and stack them neatly in the fridge for the next day.
- The plastic food storage containers are BPA-free, phthalate-free, and non-toxic.
- They are also safe for refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and dishwasher use.
- The food storage containers can replace using plastic baggies and individual snack size packages, saving you money and saving the environment, too.
- They come in sets of four (with four different colors so it's easy to know whose is whose).
- The food storage containers are not leak-proof, so you shouldn't put any wet food into the compartments.
- One of the lids we received doesn't close onto the container as well as the others do. (It is still usable, just less secure.)
- They are a somewhat expensive investment, but it will work out in the long run if you can imagine the money you'll be saving on plastic baggies and buying items in bulk.
- The containers have a curved bottom and curved sides, and my husband says he would prefer a square bottom and square sides.
- A set of four food storage containers (lids and bottoms) is $13.95 + shipping. ($$$$)
- The cooler lunch bag is $7.95 + shipping. ($$$)
How would you like to win your very own EasyLunchboxes System? (Complete with one set of four food storage containers and a cooler lunch bag in the color of your choice.)
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, you must publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect, then visit the EasyLunchboxes website, comment here and tell me which color you would pick if you won.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Subscribe to this blog via RSS feed.
2) Follow @easylunchboxes on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways!! Enter today to #win an @easylunchboxes system! #Giveaway ends 7/28. http://bit.ly/a65F3u
5) Become a fan of Easy LunchBoxes on Facebook.
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow EasyLunchboxes' blog.
9) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
10) Subscribe to EasyLunchboxes' mailing list and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
11) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
12) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
13) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
14) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 7/14 or non-giveaway posts from before 7/7 WILL BE DELETED.)
15) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
16) Join Swagbucks using this link.
17) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on July 28, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US or Canada to enter. If you have won an EasyLunchboxes system in the past three months, you are ineligible to win this giveaway. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the EasyLunchboxes System free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.