Jul 10, 2010
8:59 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDI was lucky enough to have the opportunity to try out the Moody Mamas Maternity Nursing Maxi Dress in Teal. Unfortunately, because my bump is still relatively small and I am 40 lbs overweight as it is, the dress makes me look fat instead of pregnant. lol But, once my bump is bigger (or gone when I'm nursing), I'm sure it will look much better. The dress is also super long, and I'm super short, so that makes it look a bit funny. Once that's taken care of, I'm looking forward to wearing it because it's a gorgeous dress. (Check out the pics on the Moody Mamas' Target website for a better idea.)
- What I love about this dress is that you can wear it as both maternity and when you're nursing. See the cloth panel that covers my chest? It lifts up and there are slits perfectly placed for nursing. (I actually discovered those by accident and went "whoa cool!")
- Of course I have to wear the dress with a long sleeved shirt underneath to cover my elbows, but that'll be fine when it gets a tad cooler outside.
- The material is a really soft cotton that doesn't make my skin itch (yay).
- The material is also somewhat stretchy, so it should fit you for your entire pregnancy and beyond.
- The dress fits me very well, although it's a little snug on top because of the particular shirt I'm wearing underneath, but that's good because it gives my breasts the support that they so desperately need these days.
- The straps are a perfect length with no bunching.
- The dress pulls over your head, so you don't have to worry about how in the universe you're going to zip yourself up.
- You can wash the dress in your own washing machine, no need for dry cleaning
- It comes in three colors to choose from.
- I do need to have it shortened because I am so short, but that's the way it goes with nearly all dresses/skirts.
- The teal color is a bit bright for me, but I think I'd still be able to wear it to work when it's not summertime.
- For someone who buys dresses on super crazy sale for less than $20 (ME!!), this dress would be quite a splurge, but for someone who usually buys dresses for $100+, this dress would be very inexpensive.
Overall: I give the Moody Mamas Maternity Nursing Maxi Dress an 8/10.
Go buy one for yourself today at Target.com, and don't forget that you can take 30% off any purchase at Moody Mama's online store by entering discount code "MM Discount" (without the quotes).
Or, how would you like to win a Moody Mamas Teal Maternity Nursing Maxi Dress (size medium)?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Visit the Moody Mamas website, comment here and tell me which other piece of clothing you'd love to own.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @moodymamas on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a Teal @moodymamas Maternity Nursing Maxi Dress! #Giveaway ends 7/24. http://bit.ly/cWvSsX
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow the Moody Mamas blog.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 7/10 or non-giveaway posts from before 7/3 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on July 24, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US or Canada to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Moody Mamas Maternity Nursing Maxi Dress free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.