Aug 18, 2010
4:14 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDWhen I was nursing the twins, I had a lot of trouble doing so without exposing myself to the world. Using covers was hot (for me and the babies) and very inconvenient. I also couldn't see what I was doing to help the baby latch on unless my head was also under the cover. So not fun at all, especially for kids who were not champion nursers and a mom who had no idea what she was doing. This time around I'll be able to use the BabyBond!
I received the BabyBond Flex, which, like all of the BabyBond products, is worn like a sash and functions like a nursing top. With this particular BabyBond you can nurse from the top of your shirt and just separate the layers of fabric to achieve latch on. The double panel keeps your breast covered both above and below, and your belly and back remain covered with your own shirt. This particular BabyBond comes with a removable 9 x 12″ double layer terry velour burp cloth, but you can attach any cloth to the BabyBond Flex or wear it without any cloth attached. I love how it also comes with a matching pouch for easy and clean storage.
I tried it on to see how it worked, and I was surprised at how easy it was to use over my shirt. You can (mostly) keep everything covered while achieving latch on, although I'm still a bit nervous about showing *any* skin when I'm nursing in public. When I'm able to try it out in January IY"H I will be sure to let you know how it goes and post pics (if they're not too racy). :-)
- The fabric is incredibly soft and is 100% cotton.
- It's machine washable!
- The BabyBond is light enough that you can use it in warm weather and not overheat yourself or the baby.
- It's very easy to use...just slip it on, separate the folds and you're ready to go.
- The BabyBond covers your breast both above and below while your shirt keeps your back and stomach covered.
- The BabyBond Flex comes with a detachable burp cloth, and the BabyBond Original has a built in burp cloth.
- It also comes with its own storage pouch.
- The BabyBond comes in three different styles and several colors to suit your needs.
- Even though the BabyBond covers the vast majority of your breast, there still may be some skin showing even while your baby is latched on. (I will be testing this out in January and will let you know what I find.)
- It's somewhat expensive to buy and have shipped.
Overall: We give the BabyBond a 9/10!
How would you like to win a BabyBond!? (Your choice of style and size)
And if you don't win (or even if you do), you can take 25% off of your next BabyBond order with the coupon code "twinners" (good until September 1st)!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Become a fan of BabyBond on Facebook and comment here letting me know that you are. And while you're there, be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @babybond on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a @babybond nursing cover! #Giveaway ends 9/1. http://bit.ly/bwHZnk
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 8/18 or non-giveaway posts from before 8/11 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on September 1, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the BabyBond Flex free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
This giveaway is an Editors' Pick on Prizey!