Aug 10, 2010
2:28 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDThe twins both got colds this week...just in time for this review! Noses are running, boogers are everywhere, and the twins are crying constantly (although that may be attributed to the fact that our au pair left this week to go back home...) As soon as those noses started running, though, I pulled out the Boogie Wipes. Boogie Wipes are like wet tissues (similar to WetOnes except with no alcohol). They are made with saline to dissolve boogers (mucus) caused by the common cold, allergies or any other booger-filled kid moments. They are extra soft and alcohol-, phthalate- and paraben-free. Boogie Wipes are available in Great Grape, Fresh Scent, Magic Menthol and Simply Unscented. They're also recommended by pediatricians as a gentle, effective alternative to dry tissues.
My kids hate tissues. I mean really deep down loathing. They run when they see you coming at them with a tissue or anything else to wipe their noses (Boogie Wipes included). The difference, however, is the way they feel after you're done wiping their noses. After tissues or a towel, their noses are red and they're still crying. After Boogie Wipes there are no tears, no boogers and no redness. Woo! I love how they're made with saline, so I don't have to worry about using them on the face near the mouth, and they really do the job of cleaning away all of the mucus. They are very sturdy, so they won't fall apart the way tissues do, and you can prevent getting boogers all over your hands.
- Boogie Wipes are made with saline and are alcohol-, phthalate- and paraben-free, so there's no need to worry about safety using them on your child's face.
- They are super soft and very durable, so your kids won't have sore noses after wiping them.
- Boogie Wipes are available in four different scents (including unscented).
- They are pediatrician recommended as a gentle, effective alternative to dry tissues.
- You can buy Boogie Wipes online or at many local retailers.
- Boogie Wipes are much more expensive than regular tissues, but it's worth it if you're using them for long-term runny noses (ie colds, allergies) which are prone to soreness.
- 30-Count Packs of Boogie Wipes are $3.99 + shipping. ($$$$)
- 10 Individually Wrapped Boogie Wipes are $2.99 + shipping. ($$$$$)
How would you like to win 2 30-Count Packs of Boogie Wipes? (Your choice of scents.)
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Visit the Boogie Wipes website, comment here and tell me which scent is your favorite.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Join the Boogie Bunch.
3) Follow @boogiemom on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
5) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win 2 packs of Boogie Wipes from @boogiemom! #Giveaway ends 8/24. http://bit.ly/agilg5
6) Become a fan of Boogie Wipes on Facebook.
7) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
8) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
9) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
10) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
11) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
13) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 8/10 or non-giveaway posts from before 8/3 WILL BE DELETED.)
14) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
15) Join Swagbucks using this link.
16) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on August 24, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent one 30-Count Pack and six Individually Wrapped Boogie Wipes free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.