Aug 27, 2010
2:41 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDFunky Monkey Snacks!
Funky Monkey Snacks are a line of freeze-dried fruit that are 100% natural, 100% real fruit, and 100% delicious – with three servings of fruit in each 1oz bag! Their "fruit that crunches" provides the ultimate snack, fusing the great taste, smell, and nutritional goodness of fresh fruit with the crunch and convenience of conventional snacks.
We received a package of each flavor of Funky Monkey Snacks: Bananamon, Purple Funk, JiveALime, Applemon, Carnaval Mix, Pink Pineapple, and MangOJ. By just looking at the names, I thought I would like the MangOJ the best, but I actually preferred the Applemon and Purple Funk. My hubby tried the Bananamon, Carnaval Mix, and Pink Pineapple. (More like he filched the bags from the box and I never got to see them. hehe) I was worried that the snacks wouldn't be sweet enough, since there is no added sugar, but I guess fruit has plenty of sugar for itself. All of the snacks were delicious, sweet (sometimes too sweet), and crunchy. Our biggest complaint was the fact that the snacks stick to your teeth...really badly. So make sure to eat them with a glass of your favorite beverage.
- Funky Monkey Snacks have no added colors, flavors, sugars, or preservatives
- Their special, proprietary manufacturing process provides for a crunchier texture vs. conventional freeze-drying techniques
- They use full slices and pieces (not dices) of delicious, fresh fruit
- There are 3 servings of fruit in each 1oz bag.
- Funky Monkey is made in Brazil using tropical fruits at the peak of freshness
- Their products are gluten-free and are certified Kosher
- One of their 7 flavors, Purple Funk, also includes açai, a berry from the Amazon that is viewed as the newest superfood
- This is a truly healthy snack...almost like eating a piece of fruit straight.
- The snacks may be too sweet for some.
- They are super sticky on your teeth, so you should eat them with a beverage and brush your teeth afterward.
- The snacks are much more expensive (at over $1.75/bag) than less healthy snacks.
- A pack of 12 Funky Monkey Snacks (a variety of flavors in 1oz bags) is $26.58.
- A pack of 12 Funky Monkey Snacks (one flavor in 1oz bags) is $21.97.
- A pack of 12 Funky Monkey Snacks (one flavor in 0.42 oz bags) is $12.80.
One very lucky reader will win a Funky Monkey Snacks sampler pack (one bag of each flavor)!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Funky Monkey Snacks website. Then, comment here and tell me which flavor you think would be your favorite.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @FunkyMonkeySnck on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a sampler pack from @FunkyMonkeySnck! #Giveaway ends 9/10. http://bit.ly/9v6evP
5) Become a fan of Funky Monkey Snacks on Facebook and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 8/27 or non-giveaway posts from before 8/20 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on September 10, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a sample pack of Funky Monkey Snacks free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.