Aug 9, 2010
8:00 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
Meridane Design is a family owned business that was created when Sally Short serendipitously superimposed each letter of the phrase ‘LOVE IS ALL U NEED' on top of one another and then added a peace sign to complete the design. The design was then sent off to be cast in sterling silver as a ‘Love and Peace' pendant for Sally to wear. But when the Short family received it, they saw it sitting sideways and noticed a ‘K' popping out. “There is no ‘K' in LOVE IS ALL U NEED,” commented Merida. That motivated the family to look for other letters and they ended up uncovering EVERY LETTER of the ALPHABET and EVERY NUMBER within the symbol!
Meridane Design was created by Sally when she combined her two kid's names together, Merida and Dane. The Short family established a Mission Statement to ‘Spread Love and Empowerment' through the ‘What U Love' Symbol.
Given that the symbol contains every letter of the alphabet, it can mean ANYTHING to ANYBODY at ANYTIME. It gives people the ability to create their own personal message, HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT.
The 'What U Love' Symbol™ is a thought provoking conversation piece which can lift anyone's spirit, in the best or worst of times. It can also evolve with the person who is wearing it, as it can contain a different message each day.
“We had no idea that this symbol would become so powerful to so many people,” said Dane Short, Director of Sales and Marketing for his family's business. “We sell the symbol to men and women ages 9 to 90! It's a unisex, multilingual, interactive piece of jewelry with infinite possibilities.”
This Symbol allows people to ‘S-P-E-L-L' out what they want it to say, the combinations are endless!
Nobody is right,
Nobody is wrong,
Find the lyrics,
To your song,
Or spot your word,
Declare the theme,
One common Love,
But many the dream.
Enjoy the freedom to be creative and find your own personal message HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT.
“This symbol is a sign of the times,” commented Sally. “Everybody on this earth is united but unique. The consistent appearance of the symbol unites us all, and the messages we see within it make us unique.”
The ‘What U Love' symbol has, and always will be cast in the USA. A portion of Meridane's casting is done at Annie's Orphans in support of their No-Kill Dog Shelter, located in Durango Colorado.
How neat is this design! The design comes in not only pendants but also bracelets, earrings, custom necklaces, and t-shirts. The pendants come in different designs with various stones set in the center. I think the design itself is ingenious, and it's great that you can choose whether or not to buy a chain for it, which lowers the price if you decide to use your own chain. It's so hard for me to find jewelry or really anything personalized with my name, because it's Hebrew, so with this I can tell everyone it has my name right in the design...and their name, and their mother's name, etc. :-)
- The Small Sterling Silver Symbol (which is what I received) is $39 + shipping ($$$$)
- The Large Sterling Silver Symbol is $49 + shipping ($$$$)
- Necklace chains range from $16 - $26 + shipping ($$$$)
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Visit the Meridane Design website, comment here and tell me which other design piece you'd love to have.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a Meridane Design Sterling Silver pendant! #Giveaway ends 8/23. http://bit.ly/df6YwG
4) Become a fan of Meridane Design on Facebook.
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 8/9 or non-giveaway posts from before 8/2 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on August 23, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a Meridane Design Small Sterling Silver Symbol Pendant free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
This giveaway is an Editors' Pick on Prizey!