Aug 22, 2010
5:21 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDI had such a difficult time finding shoes for the twins that I liked and that wouldn't break the bank. Wee Squeak shoes are both comfortable and stylish; great for any season. Not only that, but there are so many designs to choose from at a great price, so you should definitely be able to find something you like for your child. They also help children learn to walk properly without even realizing they're being taught.
The shoes squeak (hence the name "WeeSqueak"), but in order for the shoe to do so a child must walk heel to toe. This encourages crawlers to begin walking and toddlers and young children to walk properly and not up on their toes. The shoes are both functional and fun for children, and parents love the safety feature of knowing where their child is at all times. But, for those occasions when the shoe needs to be silent or the squeak is driving you mad, the squeaker can be removed easily (by an adult).
I was lucky enough to be sent the above shoes for my son. I needed something that was dressy yet comfortable for him, and there were so many styles to choose from that it was a difficult decision. We had a little trouble figuring out which size to order, but WeeSqueak was nice enough to exchange the pair that was too small for one the right size. This particular style has both black leather and canvas with a double velcro strap. I highly prefer velcro to laces at this age, because my son is way too young to know how to tie his shoes. But, when he's ready, there's a pair of fancy lace-up shoes that I already have my eye on. Or, if you prefer, they have loafer style shoes with no laces or velcro. And those are just the ones for boys! They have a ton of girl styles, sandals and tennis shoes as well.
As for the squeak, it did get annoying after about 30 seconds, and I would worry about it driving others crazy if I was out in public. However, if I was somewhere where I wanted to make sure I knew where he was at all times, I would forgo the annoyance and let him squeak to be sure he was still within earshot. Luckily the squeakers are easily removable and replaceable (took me all of 10 seconds, I believe).
- WeeSqueak has tons of designs and styles to choose from: boys, girls, sandals, tennis shoes, etc.
- They have children's sizes 3 - 12.
- The shoes are made well and will last from one child to the next.
- In the WeeSqueak online store you can even browse by color rather than by style if you need to match a specific outfit.
- The squeaker can alert you to the presence (or absence) of your child, and you can take it out very easily.
- The shoes are comfortable, and kids love the squeaking. (At least my son didn't complain while he was wearing them, and he seemed to be REALLY enjoying the squeaking when he walked.)
- The prices for WeeSqueak shoes are reasonable.
- The squeak gets pretty annoying very quickly, but of course you can remove the squeaker and replace it whenever you choose.
- The squeaker itself is a choking hazard if/when you remove it, so be sure to keep it in a safe place away from young children.
Overall: We give WeeSqueak shoes a 9/10!
How would you like to win a pair of WeeSqueak shoes of your choice?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Visit the WeeSqueak website, comment here and tell me which style of shoes you would pick if you won.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a pair of WeeSqueak shoes! #Giveaway ends 9/5. http://bit.ly/9NA1nB
4) Become a fan of WeeSqueak on Facebook and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 8/22 or non-giveaway posts from before 8/15 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on September 5, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a pair of WeeSqueak shoes free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.