Sep 12, 2010
10:58 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDIt can be really difficult nowadays to find appropriate dolls for girls to play with. Have you seen some of the things out there? Dolls that look like hookers or worse...it's truly disgusting. Wouldn't it be nice to have dolls that represent girls doing appropriate and healthy activities? Well, now there are Go! Go! Sports Girls, dolls that send the message to girls to dream big and go for it. There are dolls doing almost every sport you can imagine a girl playing: golf, tennis, running, swimming, dancing, basketball, etc.
We received the M.C. doll, who is a dancer. She's made of soft fabric, so I can even let my 17 month old daughter play with her without worrying about her being destroyed. I adore her curly brown hair, and if you peek at her tummy it says "Dream Big Move & Groove". It really encourages girls to be healthy through sports and physical activity and is such an awesome sentiment. She also came with a pink backpack and white towel. I really love the fact that these dolls are multi-cultural as well. In my community there are almost no African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, etc. My children will be going to a private Jewish day school, and even though they will see different races on the streets of our city, they won't be interacting with them much, if at all. I want to be able to teach them that even though the vast majority of their friends are White, other races are just as good and beautiful. The doll I picked is African American, so hopefully my daughter will see that as being just as normal as White. Other things I love are that 5% of the company's profits are donated to Girls Inc, a national nonprofit dedicated to inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold, and they have also received the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio gold seal award & WTS Toy Review 5 star rating.
Cost: You can buy Go! Go! Sports Girls dolls on Amazon.com for $19.99. ($$$$)
Overall: We give Go! Go! Sports Girls a 9.5/10!
How would you like to win a Go! Go! Sports Girls doll of your choice?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Go! Go! Sports Girls website. Then, comment here and tell me which doll you would choose if you won.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a Go! Go! Sports Girls doll! #Giveaway ends 9/26. http://bit.ly/avshfx
4) Become a fan of Go! Go! Sports Girls on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 9/12 or non-giveaway posts from before 9/5 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on September 26, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a Go! Go! Sports Girls doll free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.