Sep 28, 2010
10:43 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDImagiPLAY has created high-quality educational toys that inspire children's imaginations and the desire to explore. With the abundance of toys available for children today, ImagiPLAY sets itself apart from the rest through its motto: "Toys with Integrity." By producing quality products that connect with nature, have eco-friendly sources, and hold educational value, ImagiPLAY works to benefit the earth we share and the people that inhabit it.
Producing toys using only materials and processes that show respect for the planet and all the people and creatures upon it has remained ImagiPLAY's promise and challenge. All of ImagiPLAY's toys are made from eco-friendly materials, with plantation-grown rubberwood being a favorite. Rubber trees produce a sap that is used to make latex products. At the end of their latex-producing years (generally 25-30 years) the trees are harvested and new ones planted. But these wonderful trees have one more gift to give us - their beautiful, splinter-free hardwood, from which ImagiPLAY makes many of its award winning, heirloom quality toys. Products for which rubberwood is not suitable are made from wood from managed forests. ImagiPLAY's factories are placed close to the neighborhoods where its craftsmen live so that the majority of them can walk or ride their bikes to work each day, enabling its craftsmen to maintain quality relationships with their own children while they make toys for others.
ImagiPLAY products have been recognized by the media, children's advocacy groups, and parents' organizations for their outstanding quality, design and ability to inspire imagination. It has received awards from Parenting Magazine, Creative Child Magazine, Dr. Toy, Parents' Choice Foundation and many other well-respected groups. But most importantly, ImagiPLAY's products have helped thousands of children worldwide to discover themselves and their world as they navigate the waters of the human Age of Exploration.
ImagiPLAY sent me the veggie cutting set pictured above. Helping in the kitchen is fun for most kids, and this vegetable set helps children develop motor skills and coordination while encouraging them to learn about healthy food in a fun role play environment - without the dangers of using real knives. The wooden veggies include a mushroom, a cucumber, a tomato, a carrot and a green pepper. They are segmented and secured with velcro, so you can cut them over and over again. Segments can also be combined between veggies to create entirely new vegetables! There are 16 pieces and it's great for two-year-olds. It's also made from all-natural, earth friendly rubberwood.
First off, I love how the kit comes in a neat wooden box for easy storage. As for the actual function of the toy, I was a bit skeptical when I was told that the veggies would cut just like real ones. I couldn't imagine how something connected by velcro would do that. Of course, I was proven wrong. The veggies do cut very similarly to real vegetables, so I believe it really will help the twins learn how to cut vegetables in a safe and fun manner. Their fine motor skills aren't quite at the level needed to do this yet, and right now all they would do is mouth the veggies and the play knife, but I am sure that they will LOVE this toy when I give it to them in a few months.
Cost: The Veggie Cutting Set is $24.99 + shipping ($$$$).
Overall: We give ImagiPLAY's Veggie Cutting Set a 9.5/10!
How would you like to win an ImagiPLAY Veggie Cutting Set?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the ImagiPLAY website. Then, comment here and tell me about another one of their products you'd love to own.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @imagiplay on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win an @imagiplay Veggie Cutting Set! #Giveaway ends 10/12. http://bit.ly/aBaxEA
5) Become a fan of ImagiPLAY on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 9/28 or non-giveaway posts from before 9/21 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on October 12, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US or Canada to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent an ImagiPLAY Veggie Cutting Set free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
This giveaway is an Editors' Pick on Prizey!