Sep 10, 2010
8:50 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDMy kids love books. More specifically, they love *eating* books. There's just nothing like sinking your teeth into a particularly good one, and they do it at every chance. They do enjoy being read to, but afterward, they just need to know what it tastes like. The big problem with this is that we can't leave them alone with books or they will be completely destroyed (a few of our books have already died horrible deaths in this manner). Because of this, I was super excited to have the opportunity to review Indestructibles books.
We put our Indestructibles book to the test. We were sent "Hey Diddle Diddle" and gave it to the twins for reading and eating. The books profess to be chew proof and rip proof, and I honestly didn't believe it. I said to myself, "Yeah right...no way this is going to get past MY twins teeth!" And you know something...I let the twins go at it for several weeks, and there are actually no rips or tears in the book. It's crumpled up a bit, for sure, but it's still usable...no missing pages or half pages or worse. (You can see an example below of our actual book with "crumpled" pages but no rips or tears.) The pictures are very colorful, but there are no words on the pages so you can't "read" it like a "regular" book. Also awesome is the fact that the books are nontoxic and 100% washable. So if/when your book needs it, you can throw it in the washing machine or dishwasher and it will come out clean--and still with no rips or tears.
Cost: You can buy Indestructibles books on Amazon.com for $4.95 (eligible for FREE Prime or Super Saver shipping). ($$$)
Overall: We give Indestructibles a 10/10!
Indestructibles books of your choice?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Indestructibles website. Then, comment here and tell me which books you would choose if you won.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win 3 Indestructibles books! #Giveaway ends 9/24. http://bit.ly/9wSyMi
4) Become a fan of Indestructibles on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 9/10 or non-giveaway posts from before 9/3 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on September 24, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent an Indestructible book free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.