Sep 13, 2010
11:46 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDI received the neatest keychain from Wholesale Keychain to review, but first I want to tell you how neat this company is. They have keychains for literally everyone--everything from digital photo keychains to Disney keychains to playable game keychains--and they're not particularly expensive either. They also have sport keychains, automotive keychains, and honestly any kind of keychain you can possibly think up. I was actually pretty amazed at the variety and quality of the keychains available.
We received the Candy Land game carabiner keychain pictured above. It's an actual mini version of the Candy Land game with two game pieces and eight cards. You could technically play a full game with the cards available, but I think your eyes might get tired because the board is very, very small. The game pieces that you move around the board are magnetic, so they won't spontaneously fall off of the board, but they are a bit big for the size of the squares, so you need to be careful that you remember which square you're on. The pieces and cards fit into a neat little compartment inside the keychain, and when the gameboard is closed you cannot open the compartment. So awesome because I don't have to worry about the compartment door opening and pouring pieces all over the car while I'm driving.
I think that it's a fantastic idea to have a game on a keychain, but I believe this one might be too difficult to realistically have kids play while waiting somewhere without losing cards and pieces. Then again, I'm not a kid and don't have the patience to play with something so small, whereas a child might think this is the coolest thing ever and play with it for hours. :-) Obviously, because it is so small, you don't want a child under 3 or 4 playing with it. But then again, how many kids under 3 do you know who can play Candy Land?
- Kids can play the game while waiting anywhere, and it could potentially keep them occupied for long periods of time.
- The game is fully playable by two players with the enclosed pieces and cards.
- The game pieces and board are magnetic, so pieces won't fall off of the board.
- The pieces and cards are stored in a compartment within the keychain that will not open spontaneously.
- The game is quite small, so adults might have a difficult time playing.
- The small pieces and cards can get lost quite easily when kids are playing the game, and you can't replace them once they're gone.
- The keychain is a bit cumbersome to have on your keyring, but you could always keep it in a purse unattached.
Overall: We give Wholesale Keychain an 8.5/10!
One lucky reader will win a Candy Land keychain from Wholesale Keychain!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Wholesale Keychain website. Then, comment here and tell me about another keychain you like.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a Candy Land keychain from Wholesale Keychain! #Giveaway ends 9/27. http://bit.ly/cbAdZ0
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 9/13 or non-giveaway posts from before 9/6 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
12) Join Swagbucks using this link.
13) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on September 27, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a Candy Land keychain free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.