Oct 21, 2010
9:53 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDThe twins still aren't talking very much, although their vocabulary is larger than it was a few months ago. (Well, anything is larger than zero...) The woman from Early Intervention is helping to teach them a few basic hand signs to help them communicate, since they just don't have the speech skills yet. Little One Books has a video called My Baby Can Talk: First Signs. This video invites babies and parents to come on an engaging and interactive journey to discover the first twenty hand signs and words that are most loved by babies - including eat, drink, milk, more, book, go and favorite animals. This program includes a parent tutorial, focusing on key guidelines to inspire babies to sign, and a printed quick reference signing card offering illustrations of the signs presented.
I wish I had had this video back when the twins were 10 months old so I could've started them on hand signing much earlier. I loved the way that the signs were presented with animations, live footage and actual babies doing the signs. I was immediately hooked by the first sign, which was "cat". I LOOOOVE cats, so having one on the screen first thing made me so happy. The twins also seemed to be enjoying the video, although they couldn't sit through the whole 45 minutes (not enough attention span for that). The video is also great for my husband and I to learn the signs easily, so we'll understand if one of the twins learns a sign and starts to use it.
Little One Books has many other books and videos available for children of all ages, many of which are educational. In the My Baby Can Talk series, there are also videos of Sharing Signs and Exploring Signs. If the twins do well learning signs with the First Signs video, I may consider buying the whole set.
Cost: The My Baby Can Talk: First Signs video is $19.99. ($$$$)
Overall: We give Little One Books' My Baby Can Talk: First Signs video a 9/10!
How would you like to win a $25 gift certificate to Little One Books?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Little One Books website. Then, comment here and tell me what you would get if you won the $25 gift certificate.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @littleonebooks on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a @littleonebooks $25 gift certificate! #Giveaway ends 11/4. http://bit.ly/9nJ9EQ
5) Become a fan of Little One Books on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to the Little One Books email newsletter (top right of the page).
10) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
11) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
13) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 10/21 or non-giveaway posts from before 10/14 WILL BE DELETED.)
14) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
15) Join Swagbucks using this link.
16) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on November 4, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the My Baby Can Talk: First Signs video free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.