Oct 13, 2010
10:14 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDI used to love doing puzzles as a child, and I'm eager to introduce the twins to the joy of puzzles. When you finish a puzzle, whether 10 pieces or 1000, there's a feeling of success and pride that you can't get from other toys. For a child, that can really help their self-esteem along with just being fun.
Mudpuppy has puzzles for all ages, including ones I'll be able to give to the twins once I know they won't try to eat the pieces. Mudpuppy was nice enough to send us their Day/Night Puzzle, which won the 2003 Parent's Choice Approved Award and the 2003 Creative Child Magazine - Seal of Excellence Award. It was also named one of Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products in 2003.
Mudpuppy's Day/Night Opposites Puzzle is one of Mudpuppy's collection of Two-Sided Puzzles. It has 9 beautifully decorated pieces, combined with a bold border, to help children see which piece belongs on which side of the puzzle. With this puzzle, you can teach children about opposites and concepts of time, such as the length of a day and a night. This puzzles also helps to build pre-reading and fine motor skills.
I really liked how thick the pieces are, so once the pieces are put together they won't fall apart easily. When puzzle pieces come out of place, it can be very discouraging and aggravating for a child, so having them stay put is so important. The pictures on each side of the puzzle are colorful and engaging. I also love how the puzzle is two sided, so it's really like having two puzzles to put together. The puzzle pieces themselves are nice a large, so small fingers can easily manipulate them. I am all for going green, and this puzzle contains 90% recycled paper and is printed with non-toxic, soy-based inks. The outer packaging also contains 70% recycled paper. I feel really good about giving this puzzle to my kids to play with because of how it's made.
Cost: You can buy Mudpuppy's Day/Night Opposites Puzzle for $10 + $6.50 shipping ($$$$$).
Overall: We give Mudpuppy's Day/Night Opposites Puzzle a 9.5/10!
One very lucky reader will win a Mudpuppy Day/Night Opposites Puzzle! And if you don't win, or even if you do, you can take a 15% discount on any order from Mudpuppy by entering coupon code "zzz2" at checkout.
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Mudpuppy website. Then, comment here and tell me about another of their products you'd love to own.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @galisonmudpuppy on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a @galisonmudpuppy Day/Night Opposites Puzzle! #Giveaway ends 10/27. http://bit.ly/c4GJFS
5) Become a fan of Mudpuppy on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 10/13 or non-giveaway posts from before 10/6 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on October 27, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a Mudpuppy Day/Night Puzzle free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.