Oct 6, 2010
12:35 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
Planet Wise sent me their Hanging Wet/Dry Bag in the Outer Space pattern. This is a bag that can carry your wet (dirty) and dry (clean) items at the same time while keeping them separate. Each bag is sewn and sealed for no wicking or leaking, plus it has an added zippered dry pocket on the front including two handles so it can be easily hung on a doorknob and/or carried! It's great because you can keep all your cloth diapers in one place and easily transport them. Also great for when you are traveling for the weekend or if you don't want a traditional diaper pail. The bag is 16.5" x 27" and holds approximately 20-24 cloth diapers.
When we went to visit a friend for the holiday of Sukkot, we were going to be away from home for 3.5 days, so we took along our new Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag to use for dirty diapers. This gave us plenty of time to test it out and see how it works. First things first, it kept the wetness inside. The wet bag that we use in our diaper pail at home doesn't do that, so it gets really gross, but the Planet Wise bag held it in, keeping the outside of the bag "ick-free". Second, it holds a crazy amount of diapers. I think we used it for 2 days before needing to go to a second bag for the rest of the dirty diapers. That is pretty awesome considering the bags we use in our diaper pail usually do not make it through 2 days. And, don't forget, we have two un-toilet-trained toddlers, so that's a LOT of dirty diapers. Third, the odor...well, this wasn't so good. We kept the wet bag in the bathroom for easy access after changes, and the bathroom smelled...really, really badly. Like gag me smell. But you know, two out of three isn't bad, and this bag has a lot of plusses above and beyond the "big three". For instance, the dry pocket is incredibly convenient for carrying clean items--diapers, wipes, towels, a change of clothes, etc. It's also machine washable and dryable right along with my diapers, and it comes in a ton of really cool fabric patterns.
Cost: You can buy a Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag for $33.50 on Amazon.com. ($$$$)
Overall: We give the Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag a 9/10!
Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag (your choice of design)?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Planet Wise website. Then, comment here and tell me about another product of theirs you'd like to try and in what style/print.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag! #Giveaway ends 10/20. http://bit.ly/cX3aYO
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 10/6 or non-giveaway posts from before 9/29 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
12) Join Swagbucks using this link.
13) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 5 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 5 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on October 20, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US or Canada to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.