Oct 31, 2010
12:17 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDPreggers is a unique line of maternity support hose and compression products developed by future moms for future moms. With Preggers there is no more stigma of the old, “yucky” compression that is available in only a few styles, off-trend colors, is uncomfortable, hard to get on, and expensive. They believe you can wear compression, get the benefits it provides and still be fashionable. They want to you to feel AND look great! A light compression helps to energize tired and achy legs, and what busy mom couldn’t use a little extra energy, improved circulation, and shaping support?
When I was on bed rest with the twins, the doctor suggested I wear compression stockings. They gave me a pair from the hospital that was so ugly I couldn't wear them in public in anything but a super long skirt. Yes, I usually wear super long skirts anyway, but it would've been nice to have stockings, tights or pantyhose that I could wear with a shorter skirt and still get the compression.
True gradient compression, which is the best kind to have, delivers a controlled amount of pressure that is greatest at the ankle and gradually decreases towards the top of the stocking to promote better blood flow. Preggers Maternity Pantyhose has approximately 10-15mmHg gradient compression in their stockings. They also have a unique top that will fit during all stages of pregnancy, even though the pantyhose is sized according to a person's pre-pregnancy weight. The built-in tummy support panel provides a sense of stability and can be worn folded under belly or unfolded to cover belly. The super soft material is breathable and provides shaping support, and the toe is reinforced for durability and rounded for a comfortable fit. The pantyhose has smooth seams that will not dig into your tummy or show under clothes, which is great for me because I can't stand taking off stockings and seeing a huge, ugly indentation down the front of my belly. It also has a Micro-Cool® process, which creates a wicking effect so moisture evaporates from the skin quickly, providing a comfortable coolness.
All in all, I was very impressed with the quality of the pantyhose, the amount of compression and how comfortable I felt in them. Usually I can't wait to take off my pantyhose at the end of the day, but I could actually wear these without discomfort. The stockings also come in four colors (black, cocoa, natural, and sand) to match with any outfit or skin type. I think I'm going to trade in my regular maternity pantyhose for Preggers!
Cost: Preggers Maternity Pantyhose is $24.95 + shipping per pair. ($$$$$)
Overall: We give Preggers a 9/10!
Three very lucky readers will each win a pair of Preggers Maternity Pantyhose! (I have one pair of black, size small pantyhose for one winner and Preggers will send two winners their choice of color and size.)
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Preggers website. Then, comment here and tell me about another product you'd love to try.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @preggersmomma on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a pair of @preggersmomma maternity pantyhose! #Giveaway ends 11/15. http://bit.ly/brQ69n
5) Become a fan of Preggers on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 11/1 or non-giveaway posts from before 10/25 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on November 15, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a pair of Preggers Maternity Pantyhose free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
This product was a free giveaway sponsored by Tomoson.com.