Oct 11, 2010
4:20 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDSoap Soundz Musical Hand Soap is a brand new product that is just starting to appear in major retailers. It might look like an ordinary bottle of liquid hand soap, but when the user pushes the pump down, they are treated to a musical tune or message, emitted from the bottle, as they wash their hands.
The Hygiene Heroes line is targeted toward children and toddlers. The fun music and message helps encourage kids to wash more and more often, which ultimately leads to healthier kids and households. The music also acts as a timer, playing for 20 seconds, which is the minimum wash time for effective hand washing according to the CDC.
The Seasons Harmony line is a decorative accent to kitchens and baths during various major holidays. Right now they offer Halloween, Memorial Day and Christmas versions. The music played by the soap container is relevant to the particular holiday being celebrated.
We were sent the Princess Sanipure, Solar Strawberry Liquid Hand Soap, from the Hygiene Heroes line, and I love it. I don't think I ever lather my hands long enough, but with the cute message and music playing I know exactly how long I need to scrub for. It's the same principal as my timed toothbrush, which stops vibrating after 2 minutes so you know you've brushed long enough. It's hard to stand there and count how long you've washed or brushed, so having the music or an automatic brush is fantastic for timing yourself correctly. The music really does encourage you to keep going, even though you might feel silly, and it can help prevent the spread of germs. My kids aren't old enough to be using the sink to wash their hands, but this will be a great tool when they are old enough.
I also love how it comes both in bottles directed toward children as well as ones directed toward adults. This way you can have different ones in your bathroom versus your kids' bathroom (if you have separate bathrooms). They also have hand sanitizer options, so you can use Soap Soundz on the go to freshen up when you aren't able to wash your hands.
Cost: You can buy Soap Soundz Musical Hand Soap for $5.89 at Amazon.com. ($$$$)
Overall: We give Soap Soundz a 9.5/10!
Soap Soundz Musical Hand Soap?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
You must fan Soap Soundz on Facebook AND follow them on Twitter. Be sure to let them know on their Facebook wall that The Twinners sent you! Then, comment here with your Facebook and Twitter screennames.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a bottle of @soapsoundz musical hand soap! #Giveaway ends 10/25. http://bit.ly/cjKLvu
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 10/11 or non-giveaway posts from before 10/4 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
12) Join Swagbucks using this link.
13) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on October 25, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a bottle of Soap Soundz Musical Hand Soap free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
This Product Was a Free Giveaway Sponsored by Tomoson.com