Oct 17, 2010
12:40 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDMy kids love their sippy cups, but even though they are supposed to be spill and leak proof, they're really not. I find puddles of milk on the floor...ick! I'm lucky that I found tommee tippee explora truly spill-proof cups. The explora cup range is progressively staged to help children transition through all their drinking phases and needs with specific grips to fit little fingers and unique spouts to meet the needs of every age and support natural oral development. Unlike other sippy cup valve systems, the explora's active sensor valve is designed by a physicist to be both so sensitive that liquid flows on demand, yet remain truly spill- and leak-proof.
We tried the explora truly spill proof drink cup, which is the stage 5 cup made for kids 24 months and over. Each cup holds 9 fl oz, which is perfect for my kiddos, and it's BPA-free! The cup's unique drinking spout is great for kids on the go, and it has "advance-flo" technology for easy drinking. The spout itself supports natural oral development, so no worries about teeth coming in crooked because of the cup they're using. The cup also has an insulated base, which keeps drinks cooler for longer, and it's both microwave- and dishwasher-safe. The best part, of course, is the fact that it's truly non-spill and leak-proof!
The twins are too young to use this cup, but I'm really excited to switch them over to it when they turn 2. Their cups leak like crazy, and it makes such a mess. With these cups I don't have to worry about the twins turning them upside down and having all the milk leak out. Being able to use it in the dishwasher is also fantastic (even though we can't since our dishwasher is for meat dishes/utensils only). I'd really like to get the whole set of tommee tippee explora cups to use with the new baby. With the twins, I didn't switch them to sippy cups until after they turned 1, and that was such a mistake. I really should've started them around 6 months, but I couldn't find a good sippy cup. Now that I have, I wish I had had them all along.
Cost: You can buy a set of two tommee tippee explora spill proof cups at Toys 'R Us for $7.99 ($$$).
Overall: We give tommee tippee explora spill proof cups a 10/10!
How would you like to win a set of tommee tippee explora spill proof cups (your choice of color)?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the tommee tippee website. Then, comment here and tell me about another of their products you'd love to try.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @tommeetippee_na on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win two @tommeetippee_na spill proof drinking cups! #Giveaway ends 10/31. http://bit.ly/aiEInO
5) Become a fan of tommee tippee on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 10/17 or non-giveaway posts from before 10/10 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on October 31, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a set of tommee tippee explora spill proof cups free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.