Nov 10, 2010
8:55 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDI love music, especially country and classical. Basically, if it has a real melody then I'll probably like it. When I was contacted about doing a review for Cradle Rock lullabies, I was *so* excited! They have three CDs out now: Kenny Chesney, Michael Jackson and Johnny Cash. I SUPER LOVE Kenny Chesney's music, so this made me even more excited about hearing his tunes in lullaby form. The music is made by soothing sounds from instruments such as the vibraphone, glockenspiel and mellotron, and they stay true to the original tune and tempo of each song.
These are the coolest lullaby CDs ever. It's music you can recognize put into a sleepy lullaby form. There are no lyrics, it's all instrumental and at times reminds me of the sound a music box would make. It's incredibly peaceful and sleep-inducing. When I turned on the Kenny Chesney CD and listened to it, I didn't realize it was putting my son to sleep while he was playing. I looked over and there was Dovid half passed out on his Pillow Pet on the floor. Oops! I actually had to turn off the CD and go wake him up because it was nowhere near nap time. I'm going to make it a point to play the CDs to my belly in the coming weeks so that Baby #3 might recognize the music once she's born. Then I can play it when she's upset and hopefully she'll calm down quicker and easier.
What a great idea to make lullabies out of music from well known artists! Cradle Rock is also developing more albums to enjoy; including U2’s “The Joshua Sleep Tree,” Black Eyed Peas’ “Sleep-pea Hits” as well as lullaby albums inspired by Nickelback, Carrie Underwood and The Eagles, just to name a few.
Cost: You can buy the Kenny Chesney, Johnny Cash, and Michael Jackson Cradle Rock CDs for $11.98 from Amazon.com ($$$).
Overall: We give Cradle Rock a 10/10!
One very lucky reader will win their choice of one Cradle Rock CD!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Cradle Rock website. Then, comment here and tell me which of the three CDs you think would be your favorite.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @treetoprecords on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a set of @treetoprecords Cradle Rock CDs! #Giveaway ends 11/24. http://bit.ly/9L8SjJ
5) Become a fan of Tree Top Records on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 11/10 or non-giveaway posts from before 11/3 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on November 24, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US or Canada to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Cradle Rock CDs free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.