Nov 6, 2010
10:03 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDFamily Facts has done it again, this time in a Pregnancy Organizer & Planner! Pregnancy is a time full of little details and a great deal of information, a lot of which just can't be held in a pregnant brain. Honestly, I think pregnancy opens up a brain leak, so an organizer of some type is essential. The Family Facts Pregnancy Organizer & Planner is an easy-to-use planner for managing the details of your pregnancy along with the rest of your busy life.
This organizer is a place to store all of the little things that need to be remembered that you just don't have room for in your head. There's a calendar section that includes a "pregnancy overview" checklist, so you can write things down that you need to remember to complete in each trimester. Then, there's an area for annual reminders, like birthdays, that aren't necessarily pregnancy related. The actual calendar doesn't have pre-printed dates, so you would write in what month and day it is. This way the organizer will take you through the entire nine months of your pregnancy, no matter if you conceived in January or June. At the end of the calendar section there's a place to write "pregnancy reflections" about each of the three trimesters. Maybe you want to record all of your symptoms (or lack thereof)? Or possibly you want to write down when you started feeling kicks or "showing"? Either way, you can jot it down here. There are also stickers at the back of the organizer that can help you remember how far along you are and when you have appointments.
The second section is for all of the contact names and phone numbers you need to remember: health care providers, service providers (like your doula or lactation consultant), neighbors, babysitters, and more. There's also a section for your babysitter with important information about your child and your home in case of an emergency. The last pages are to remind you of who you need to call when labor starts and after delivery (along with their phone numbers).
The third section is all about your health. There are places to record what takes place during your prenatal visits, prenatal test results, questions for your health care provider, health insurance information, and even a menu and shopping planner.
The final section is all about the baby. You can record your favorite names, friendly advice, books to read, websites to visit, things you'll need for the baby and for yourself, baby shower information, baby registry information, gifts you've received (and whether or not you've sent a thank you note), maternity leave information, items to pack in your hospital bag, notes from your hospital/birth center tour, and more. There's also a business card holder, a pocket folder, a zippered pouch and a pen!
I honestly can't imagine living without something like this. I can bring it with me easily, so I won't forget to ask the midwife a question, and I can write down everything she tells me. I can keep track of appointments and basically anything I really need to remember. You can also get refills of the contacts, health, and baby planning sections separately, although I wish you could get refills for the calendar and stickers so you could use this for many different pregnancies.
Cost: The Family Facts Pregnancy Organizer & Planner is $16.95 + shipping ($$$$).
Overall: We give the Family Facts Pregnancy Organizer & Planner a 9/10!
How would you like to win a Family Facts Pregnancy Organizer & Planner??
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Family Facts website. Then, comment here and tell me about another product you'd love to try.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a Family Facts Pregnancy Organizer & Planner! #Giveaway ends 11/20. http://bit.ly/bN1HAA
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to Family Facts' mailing list and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 11/6 or non-giveaway posts from before 10/30 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on November 20, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Family Facts Pregnancy Organizer & Planner free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
This giveaway is an Editors' Pick on Prizey!