Nov 17, 2010
3:16 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
Type 1 (juvenile) diabetes is an autoimmune disease in which a person’s pancreas stops producing insulin, a hormone that enables people to get energy from food. This disease usually strikes in childhood, adolescence, or young adulthood, but it lasts a lifetime. People with type 1 diabetes are reliant on insulin to stay alive, but the insulin does not cure the disease nor does it prevent its eventual and devastating effects, which may include: kidney failure, blindness, nerve damage, amputations, heart attack, stroke, and pregnancy complications. Nearly 24 million Americans have diabetes (7.8 percent of the population) with 17.9 million diagnosed and 5.7 million undiagnosed. Each year more than 15,000 children are diagnosed with diabetes in the U.S. (that’s 40 children per day), and as many as 3 million Americans may have type 1 (juvenile) diabetes. In the U.S., a new case of diabetes is diagnosed every 30 seconds with more than 1.6 million people being diagnosed each year.
Spearheaded by Komar, the largest sleepwear manufacturer in the United States, PJs For The Cure was created to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). PJs For The Cure offers specially designed women's and children’s pajama sets, and 100% of every sale from PJs For The Cure will be donated directly to the JDRF to fund further research to find a cure for juvenile diabetes. Check out the adorable styles on the PJs For The Cure website, and make sure to "fan" them on Facebook as well. Please consider buying a pair of PJs and/or donating money to help Komar reach their goal of raising $1 million to support JDRF.
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Leave a comment describing your favorite things to do in your pajamas.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a pair of "PJs For The Cure" from Komar! #Giveaway ends 12/1. http://bit.ly/9OOqAA
4) Become a fan of PJs For The Cure on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 11/17 or non-giveaway posts from before 11/10 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 1, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Komar and PJs For The Cure and received a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
This giveaway is an Editors' Pick on Prizey!
Labels: past giveaways