Nov 29, 2010
6:41 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDThe Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball.
I really don't want to give away the plot or you won't need to read the book yourselves, so I'm going to talk about the book in general rather than specifics. First of all, this is a great book for teen girls. The depicts high school age girls so well - their speech, actions, thoughts, etc. It really brought me back to the "good old days" of high school. Oh man, just thinking about what I would have given back then for a pink crystal ball just like the one in the book (and what I would have done with it) makes me smile! The book is very well written and held my attention. I actually read it in the course of one day, since I couldn't put it down. I think my husband was wondering what on earth I was reading, because I didn't want to do anything else. And honestly, I'd read it again. The plot is very well thought out with enough twists and mysteries to keep you wanting more. The main characters are lovable, and you are rooting for them the whole time. I highly recommend buying this book for your favorite teenage girl to read!
The author of the book, Risa Green, has two other novels published - one about pregnancy and the other about raising a baby. I would love to read both of them! They even made a TV show based upon her book Notes From the Underbelly.
Cost: You can buy The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball on Amazon.com for $8.99. ($$$)
Overall: We give The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball a 10/10!
One very lucky reader will win a copy of The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Comment here and tell me what your favorite book was as a teenager.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has #giveaways! Enter to #win the book The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball! #Giveaway ends 12/13. http://bit.ly/htfjHd
4) Become a fan of The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 11/29 or non-giveaway posts from before 11/22 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 13, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a copy of The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.