Nov 8, 2010
7:35 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDI always loved using cool straws as a kid but rarely got the chance. I remember going to Friendly's and using their color changing straws, but that was about as cool as it got. Super Sipperz allows you to build the coolest straws ever. Want to drink out of a straw tower? Robot? Race car? Or maybe you just want to build the longest, twistiest straw ever?
With Super Sipperz you get 80 pieces - straws and various connectors - that allow you to build whatever you want. When I showed it to my husband he was like "I don't even want to try them...it'll make a mess and there's no way I'm washing 80 pieces!" But he didn't have to worry because the pieces are dishwasher safe, reusable and won't leak. They're also easily washable in their mesh storage bag, so no worries about losing parts down the drain or having to wash 80 parts by hand.
My kids aren't quite old enough to drink from straws or make their own neat straw creations, but I really enjoyed putting the straws together. The links fit perfectly and are air tight, so there was no leaking when I actually went to drink out of my invention. I then put all of the used pieces into the mesh bag and threw it in the dishwasher. So easy!
I think this is a great way to keep kids entertained and encourage them to drink things they might not want to (like milk or water). It also makes a fantastic gift for birthdays, holidays or just because. Especially with the economy the way it is, you don't want to be spending a lot of money on the perfect gift for your child. I'm going keep this in mind for when my children enter preschool and are invited to a zillion birthday parties. What a hit it will be!
Cost: You can buy one set of Super Sipperz for $9.95 + shipping/handling ($$$$) and add a second set for only $5.00 + processing/handling ($$$)!
Overall: We give Super Sipperz a 10/10!
How would you like to win a set of Super Sipperz for your child? (This is a very short giveaway, so get your entries in now!!)
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Super Sipperz website and watch the movie with your child. Then, ask your child what he/she would create with Super Sipperz and comment here with his/her response.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Comment here and tell me what YOU would build with Super Sipperz!
2) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a set of Super Sipperz! #Giveaway ends 11/14. http://bit.ly/alQXpv
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 11/8 or non-giveaway posts from before 11/1 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on November 14, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Super Sipperz free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.