Dec 16, 2010
11:38 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDBananagrams. It's a really neat word game, similar to Scrabble but without the board, and I beat my poor brother-in-law every time. :-) The company that makes Bananagrams also makes Appletters and PAIRSinPEARS, two other word games. They recently published a book called 10-Minute Bananagrams which is full of anagram word games. My father would have LOVED this book! He always enjoyed doing the jumble in the newspaper every day, so this would have kept him busy for weeks.
I love doing all types of word problems, but I'm not nearly as good at anagrams as my father was. The 10-Minute Bananagrams book has 560 anagram puzzles that could keep me busy for months. Each puzzle is relatively quick (depending on how well you figure out anagrams) and there are so many different varieties! I did very well finding pairs of words which were similar except for one letter, and I also enjoyed the puzzle where you had to unscramble the letters given into words that had certain beginning letters or ending letters. Other puzzles stumped me completely! There are puzzles for all skill levels and are great for killing time when you would otherwise be bored (think doctor waiting rooms or the DMV). This is a fantastic book for the puzzle-lover in your life, and I'm thinking maybe I should get this for my brother-in-law for his birthday. (But shhh, don't tell him!)
Do you want to try some puzzles for yourself? Click here for a few downloadable sheets for you to enjoy! They also have a Bananagrams Facebook application as well as an iPhone app for some online and on-the-go fun.
Cost: You can buy 10-Minute Bananagrams on Amazon.com for $8.95. ($$$)
Overall: We give 10-Minute Bananagrams a 9.5/10!
10-Minute Bananagrams as well as Appletters and PAIRSinPEARS?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Comment here and tell me who in your family would love this book.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has #giveaways! Enter to #win 10-Minute Bananagrams, Appletters and PAIRSinPEARS! #Giveaway ends 12/30. http://bit.ly/fQLc2z
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/16 or non-giveaway posts from before 12/9 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Join Swagbucks using this link.
12) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 30, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent 10-Minute Bananagrams free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.