Dec 13, 2010
9:32 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDWhen we switched to cloth diapers over a year ago, we also switched to using cloth wipes and making our own wipes solution. I bought the cheapest cloth wipes I could find on Amazon.com and have been slowly building our stash. Even so, we never have enough cloths. We do like the ones that we bought, but they don't soak up a lot of liquid, and we generally have to use several wipes in one diaper change. That's why I jumped at the chance to try a new wipe that is supposed to be both soft and absorbent.
The first thing I noticed is that the Bummas cloths don't seem as soft as my usual ones, but they are much thicker. They also appear to be very well made and look like they'll stand up to repeated washings better than my usuals. I love the fact that Bummas are eco-friendly, and they do hold a lot more liquid than I'm used to. Luckily, my kids have not "squirted" us during a diaper change in a very, very long time so that's not a concern, but these wipes are fantastic for actually getting the twins dry after a diaper change. Sometimes, when we run out of cloth wipes, we're forced to use the disposable kind and that is just torture for the twins and leaves them wet. Both of them are incredibly sensitive and get diaper rashes easily, so it's very important to get them completely dry after every diaper change. In the past it was incredibly difficult to get them completely dry, but with Bummas that's no longer an issue.
Bummas can be used for so many things, not just diaper changes. My daughter *still* suffers from "gooey eyes" (clogged tear duct), so we can use these wipes on her eyes. We also use them to clean their faces and hands after meals instead of using paper towels. I'm really looking forward to trying these out with the new baby, too!
Cost: You can buy a set of 10 Bummas cloths for $16.99 + shipping.($$$$)
Overall: We give Bummas an 8.5/10!
One lucky reader will win a set of Bummas cloths in his/her choice of colors!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Bummas website. Then, comment here and tell me which color set you would pick if you won.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a pack of Bummas cloths! #Giveaway ends 12/27. http://bit.ly/h3AGJH
4) Become a fan of Bummas on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/13 or non-giveaway posts from before 12/6 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess. (This will only be open until 12/16!)
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 27, 2010 at midnight.
You must live in the US or Canada to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Bummas cloths free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.