Dec 29, 2010
9:42 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDChiquita Mom? A Chiquita Mom is a mother who uses nutritious meals, snacks and products to better the quality of life for her family. Being a mom is one of the most rewarding jobs out there, and moms need all the natural energy they can get. Energy drinks, bars, and supplements contain a lot of sugar, too much caffeine, and only attempt to mimic essential vitamins and minerals. Chiquita bananas are full of three kinds of natural sugar and natural vitamins and minerals, making them an ideal source of energy for moms like you. The Chiquita banana may seem ordinary, but it packs a punch without the gimmicks. Not to mention, Chiquita bananas are so versatile in the kitchen, easily-transportable, cost-efficient and, often times, Baby’s first solid food!
Chiquita sent me a great Chiquita Moms kit, which includes everything you need to help you feed your family Chiquita bananas. First off, there's a coupon for free bananas and a reusable grocery bag to carry them in. :-) Next, there's this really neat flip book with all types of information about bananas. For example, did you know that the different stages of ripeness in a banana provides you with different nutrients? Bananas with green tips and necks provides healthier carbs, whereas bananas with brown spots have the highest levels of antioxidants. You can also freeze bananas that are getting soft in order to use them in recipes at a later date. There are even freezer bags included in the kit for freezing your bananas. Seven recipe cards in the kit can give you ideas on how to serve bananas in more interesting ways, and you can also find these recipes online here. I *really* want to try the Chocolate Banana Pop recipe...yum! Lastly, there are adorable bibs for your child to use at meal time.
So, the question remains...are YOU a Chiquita Mom?
Chiquita has generously offered a giveaway of 5 (five) Chiquita Mom kits to my wonderful readers!!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Chiquita website. Then, comment here and tell me about something you learned there.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a Chiquita Mom kit! #Giveaway ends 1/12. http://bit.ly/fqQcCU
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/29 or non-giveaway posts from before 12/22 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Join Swagbucks using this link.
12) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on January 12, 2011 at midnight.
The winners will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Chiquita Mom kit free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
Labels: past giveaways