Dec 3, 2010
3:06 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDWhat is your most valuable possession? Your car? Your house? Or is it the plethora of information you store on your computer? Now, what would you do if you lost your car? Buy a new one. What if you lost all of the data on your computer? Disaster...plain and simple. We keep so much of ourselves on this small appliance, but many of us aren't even protecting that information from viruses and other computer-killing nastiness. This year for the holidays, give the gift of safety to someone with a computer.
I had expensive anti-virus protection on my computer before reviewing Immunet, but it takes up so much space on my computer, and I have no idea if and when it actually updates itself. Immunet not only identifies viruses in real-time and continually delivers anti-virus protection via an Internet connection, but it is up to 35 times lighter than traditional anti-virus software (which can take up between 100 and 350 megabytes of disk space and causes performance slowdowns). In contrast, Immunet uses only 10 megabytes of space, to keep PCs running at optimal speeds.
I love how you can download Immunet for free with an option to upgrade to the "Plus" version for less than half of what other anti-virus software costs. Also great is the fact that it takes up so little space on my computer and actually works with my existing anti-virus software (should I decide to keep it). Traditional anti-virus solutions generally only find about 50% of the viruses that are out there, so it gives me peace of mind to have an extra layer of protection on my computer. Immunet also uses "Collective Immunity" technology. This means that when Immunet detects a threat on one user's PC, that threat is blocked from harming all users in the Immunet Community simultaneously, giving all Immunet users shared immunity against computer viruses. You can also invite your friends to become a part of the Immunet Community, and everyone benefits from the protection.
Cost: Immunet Protect is free, but you can upgrade to Immunet Protect Plus for one year for $19.99. ($$)
Overall: We give Immunet a 10/10!
How would you like to win a year of Immunet Protect Plus?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Immunet website and watch the video to see how it works, then comment here and tell me what you fear losing most from your computer if it received a virus.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @immunet on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win a 1 year subscription to @Immunet Protect Plus! #Giveaway ends 12/17. http://bit.ly/fC28EF
5) Become a fan of Immunet on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/3 or non-giveaway posts from before 11/26 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess. (This will only be open until 12/16!)
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 17, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were given a one year subscription to Immunet Protect Plus free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.