Dec 9, 2010
7:42 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDKit Grady is a full time children’s illustrator and author living in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. Her love for drawing animals, nature and children began very early. She continued her passion studying art at Virginia Commonwealth University and later studied under Caldecott winners Uri Shulevitz and Gale Haley. Kit has produced greeting cards and created a weekly children’s page for the local newspaper. Her first book, by Windswept House Publishers, was followed by projects with The United Methodist Publishing House/Cokesbury, an educational publisher, Kaeden Books, Kicks Club Books, and the Collier Creative Group. She has also illustrated several books for Guardian Angel Publishing. She is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. Kit, best known for her bright colors and expressive animals, recently published a book called A Necklace For Jiggsy.
I love children's books that actually have a moral, especially when it's presented in a way that the child reading the book isn't hit over the head with it. (If the moral is too obvious to a child, they're more apt to ignore it and laugh about it.) This book is perfect for ages 4-10, the older of which would easily be able to read it to themselves. The pictures are colorful and vibrant, and the story itself is captivating. (And my copy is even signed...yay!)
The book is about a dog named Jiggsy who finds a beautiful diamond necklace. This discovery will change his life in several different ways, but most of all is that he learns the importance of honesty and doing the right thing. I highly recommend buying this book for the child(ren) in your life!
Cost: You can buy A Necklace For Jiggsy for $7.88 from Amazon.com. ($$$)
Overall: We give A Necklace For Jiggsy a 9/10!
How would you like to win a copy of A Necklace For Jiggsy?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit Kit Grady's website, then comment here and tell me about another book of hers you'd love to own.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win the book A Necklace For Jiggsy! #Giveaway ends 12/23. http://bit.ly/hBvEiT
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/9 or non-giveaway posts from before 12/2 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess. (This will only be open until 12/16!)
12) Join Swagbucks using this link.
13) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 23, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent A Necklace For Jiggsy free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.