Dec 10, 2010
2:20 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDTassimo recently contacted me to review their T20 Brewbot, and I jumped at the chance to find something that would be less expensive than (and just as tasty as) buying a large decaf every morning.
The picture above is my brand new Tassimo T20 Brewbot straight out of the box. There was no setup required...just take it out and plug it in. Before making my first cup of coffee, the only thing I needed to do was to clean the machine. This was very easy. Just fill the water tank in back, put the cleaning T Disc into the machine and press the button. Repeat the button pressing four more times and that's it! The water I put into the tank was immediately heated to boiling and run through the machine. The water tank is easily removed and replaced with one hand and holds 1.5 liters. The cleaning T Disc is also stored neatly just below the water tank, as you can see from the picture below. This way it won't get lost!
Tassimo also sent me a red brewer kit, which gives the machine a boost of color. Replacing the white background with the red one was simple and quick. It took about 5 seconds, if that. The brewer kits are great not only to make your machine look good, but if one gets dirty you always have a spare to click right in while you wash the other. Check out how stylish my Brewbot looks with the red brewer kit!
Tassimo offers more than 40 beverage and flavor varieties to satisfy everyone's drink cravings. You can buy T Discs from 13 distinctive beverage brands including Milka, Gevalia, Maxwell House, Suchard, Mastro Lorenzo, Twining’s, Kenco, Jacob’s, TAZO, Nabob, Carte Noire and Seattle’s Best Coffee. Tassimo even satisfies your Starbucks coffee cravings with a great variety of Starbucks coffees – including Cappuccino Primo and Latte Primo.
Because I only drink decaf coffee, I asked Tassimo to send me only decaf samples, and they were happy to oblige. They sent regular decaf coffee as well as decaf cappuccino. The neat part about their cappuccino is that the espresso and the frothed milk are two separate T Discs. This way you always have freshly foamed milk in your cappuccino! And, if you'd prefer to have espresso without the milk one morning, you can do that instead.
Cost: You can usually buy the Tassimo T20 Brewbot for $129.99, but right now they're having a special for $25 off AND they're giving you two free packages of T Discs with it. ($$$$)
Overall: We give the Tassimo T20 Brewbot a 9/10! (Minus 1 point for not having kosher certification.)
One very lucky reader will win a Tassimo T20 Brewbot! This is a very short giveaway, ending in one week, so get your entries in now!! Also, the winner will need to respond to my email within 24 hours so Tassimo can ship out the Brewbot in time for the holidays.
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, you must publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect. Then, visit the Tassimo website, comment here and tell me about your favorite T Disc flavor.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Subscribe to this blog via RSS feed.
2) Follow @tassimotaster on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a #Tassimo T20 Brewbot! #Giveaway ends 12/16. http://bit.ly/fUDyUf
5) Become a fan of Tassimo on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/10 or non-giveaway posts from before 12/3 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess. (This will only be open until 12/16!)
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 16, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 24 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 24 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Tassimo T20 Brewbot and T Discs free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.