Dec 8, 2010
8:43 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDThe twins love books that they can touch and feel (and eat). Some of their favorites are ones with different textures, and they'll specifically go through a book looking just for places they can feel. The "Touch the Art Series" presents reproductions of famous paintings with something for children to feel. For example, a painting of a woman wearing a hat with a feather might have a real feather to touch. The two newest books in the series are called Find King Henry's Treasure and Count Monet's Lilies.
I just love these books because I'm not only introducing my children to famous artwork, but I'm doing it in a way that they're interested in. They love to look at pictures in books and even more-so when there's something to feel. The Find King Henry's Treasure book has a story to go along with the pictures to make it more interesting for older kids, and the Count Monet's Lilies book teaches numbers for younger children. For adults, there's a section in the back with short paragraphs about each painting in the book. It tells you the name of the painting, who actually painted it and when, where it's now located, etc. I found this section very fascinating, especially since I know next to nothing about real art. Bottom line is, if you've ever gone to a museum and were just dying to run your hands all over the paintings then these books are for you and your little one(s)! :-)
- Find King Henry's Treasure is $9.32 on Amazon.com. ($$$$)
- Count Monet's Lilies is $10.36 on Amazon.com. ($$$$)
Find King Henry's Treasure and Count Monet's Lilies?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Touch the Art website, then comment here and tell me which other book(s) in the series you'd love to read.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win two Touch the Art board books! #Giveaway ends 12/22. http://bit.ly/ewWeas
4) Become a fan of Touch the Art on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
8) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
9) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/8 or non-giveaway posts from before 12/1 WILL BE DELETED.)
12) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess. (This will only be open until 12/16!)
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on December 22, 2010 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent Find King Henry's Treasure and Count Monet's Lilies free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.