Dec 18, 2010
7:32 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDZippo's Candle Lighter and see if this was something I could use instead of matches.
There are several things I absolutely love about the Zippo Candle Lighter. First of all, it's refillable, so I can use it over and over again. And with Zippo's lifetime guarantee, I can actually use it forever. Secondly, it comes in eight different colors/styles, so I was able to choose a design that was perfect just for me. Also, and most importantly, it's super easy to use while still being child-proof. There's a special button on the back that needs to be pressed while using the ignition switch. For an adult, this is no problem, but a child would have a very difficult time trying to use both buttons at once. Also, the ignition switch has some resistance to it, which makes it even safer. The best part is, there's no "trick" to lighting it (the way there is with regular lighters). Just press the safety button, slide the ignition switch forward, and the flame ignites. When you're done, release the ignition switch. You can also adjust the flame using a regulator switch on the bottom of the lighter. This way you can have a larger flame if you need it to start a fireplace fire and a smaller one if you just need to light a candle. When you need to refill the lighter, there's an indicator at the bottom so you can see exactly how much fuel you have left. This way you don't risk overfilling the lighter.
Cost: You can buy a "classic" colored lighter for $14.95 + shipping or a special design lighter for $19.95 + shipping. ($$$$)
Overall: We give the Zippo Candle Lighter a 10/10!
Zippo Candle Lighter?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Zippo website. Then, comment here and tell me about another Zippo product you'd love to try.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @zippo on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a @Zippo Candle Lighter! #Giveaway ends 1/1. http://bit.ly/gFoINn
5) Become a fan of Zippo on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 12/18 or non-giveaway posts from before 12/11 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on January 1, 2011 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Zippo Candle Lighter free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.