Jan 25, 2011
11:23 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDPapertoy Monsters is finally here! This breakthrough paper-folding book is ingeniously designed by Brian Castleforte and 24 of the top papertoy designers from around the world. Think Pokémon meets origami meets paper airplanes as you pop out, fold and glue 50 fiendishly original die-cut monsters. Kids, crafters, toy collectors, techies, and gamers of all ages will enjoy this book.
Today is "Papertoy Monster Day", and in honor of the day, we have some special fun things for you to help celebrate.
First, watch this video that Brian Castleforte created just for you.
Next, find out which monster you are by taking their Papertoy Monster Quiz. I'm Wingy Wingy (pictured below)!
You can also download, print and assemble the Valentine's Day Papertoy Monster and the Super Bowl Papertoy Monster.
Make sure to check out the Papertoy Tumblr and the Papertoy Monster Facebook page, and don't forget to follow them on Twitter, too!
I love building things with my hands, but I'm not a very artistic person. This is PERFECT for someone like me, and my kids will be lucky if I actually let them put together any of these monsters (since I want to do all of them!!) Papertoy Monsters are fun and easy to put together, needing only glue to assemble them. They're also colorful and just the right amount of scary. This is an activity that kids will love that isn't too messy for parents to clean up after (especially if you use glue sticks). There are even ten blank monsters that your kids can color for themselves before putting it together. And then, once you've created your monster, you can play with it!
Cost: You can buy Papertoy Monsters on Amazon.com for $11.53. ($$)
Overall: We give Papertoy Monsters a 10/10!
One very lucky reader will win a copy of Papertoy Monsters!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Comment here and tell me about either your favorite monster or the monster that scares you the most.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @PapertoyMonster on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a copy of @PapertoyMonster! #Giveaway ends 2/8. http://bit.ly/egEVhr
5) Become a fan of Papertoy Monsters on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments). Make sure you have my updated button or your entries don't count!!
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 1/25 or non-giveaway posts from before 1/18 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on February 8, 2011 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent Papertoy Monsters free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.