Jan 12, 2011
4:19 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDReliaDose, I don't need to worry about that with my new baby.
Invented by a mom, ReliaDose takes the stress out of giving medicine to your baby. It's accurate because you control the dosing while your baby feeds naturally. It can also be used with whatever your baby likes to drink, so it masks the taste of medicine while fitting into the baby's normal routine. ReliaDose is the unique medicine delivery system that ensures easy, accurate dosing every time.
As much as I'm not looking forward to my little one getting her first illness, at least I'm not dreading it the way I was with the twins. I am breastfeeding this little one, but when she does get sick I can pump some breast milk to put into the ReliaDose bottle and then use the syringe to give her liquid Tylenol, Advil, antibiotics or even vitamin supplements. Also, because it uses a graduated syringe, I know I'll be giving the baby an accurate dose.
The ReliaDose bottle is also very easy and simple to use. First, you fill the ReliaDose bottle with whatever your baby likes to drink (formula, milk, juice, etc.) making sure to leave empty syringe in bottle while filling. Then twist the bottle collar onto the ReliaDose bottle clockwise until it locks into place. You can now remove the syringe for filling (making sure to keep the bottle upside down so you don't spill any drink.) Fill the oral dosing syringe with the correct amount of medicine and place the syringe into the bottle when ready to dispense. Now you can begin feeding, making sure to administer the medication at a rate comfortable for your baby. Once your baby has finished the bottle you can remove the syringe. After use, be sure to wash all components in warm, soapy water or use the dishwasher.
I am so glad to have a new way to give medicine, because the "old way" just doesn't cut it. I will know that my baby has gotten the full dosage, and I don't have to worry about her finishing the full bottle of milk - as long as the syringe is empty, she will have gotten all of the medicine she needs.
Cost: You can buy ReliaDose on Amazon.com for $9.47 + shipping ($$$$) or at your local drugstore.
Overall: We give ReliaDose a 9/10!
One very lucky reader will win a ReliaDose bottle!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the ReliaDose website. Then, comment here and tell me about something you learned there.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a ReliaDose bottle! #Giveaway ends 1/26. http://bit.ly/faOURz
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 1/9 or non-giveaway posts from before 1/2 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Join Swagbucks using this link.
12) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on January 26, 2011 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent ReliaDose free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.