Feb 6, 2011
12:31 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
Boiron USA makes many different homeopathic products to help you get over your cold, flu or cough without taking unnecessary medicine. Their mission is "to stimulate the evolution of health care by promoting scientific homeopathy as a more compassionate, more ecological and more comprehensive approach to medicine and to allow every physician to know homeopathy and integrate it into their daily practice."
My husband had a cold a few weeks ago, and luckily I had the Boiron Coldcalm on hand for him. I gave him the box and told him to take it according to directions and then report back to me on the status of his cold.
His first reaction was to the fact that he needed to take one pill every fifteen minutes for two hours. It's difficult to remember to do this, so he kept the pills in his pocket and I kept reminding him. After that, he was supposed to take the pills once an hour, but since it was so close to bedtime he had to stop taking them anyway. Then, he was a bit confused about whether he needed to do the "one pill every fifteen minutes" part when he got up in the morning. I think he ended up just doing the one pill an hour at that point. Other than that, everything went smoothly.
My hubby could tell that the Coldcalm was working because any time he stopped taking the pills, the symptoms would return. So he just kept taking them in order to keep the symptoms at bay until he was fully recovered. He was quite impressed that it did help his symptoms because he tends to be skeptical about homeopathic medicine. (He is a pharmacist, so he has his faith in pharmaceutical drugs.) Also, since he can't take antihistamines, it was wonderful to find something else that he could take that would ease his respiratory symptoms.
Oscillococcinum for flu-like symptoms and Chestal for coughs. I've actually taken the Oscillococcinum in the past for flu symptoms because a friend of mine recommended it to me. Oscillococcinum is more convenient to take than the Coldcalm - you only need to take it once every 6 hours up to 3 times a day.
Luckily, no one in the family has had a cough recently, so we haven't had a chance to try out the Chestal. Unfortunately, because it has honey in it, my husband won't be able to take it, but the twins and I would be able to try it out, if needed. Hopefully we won't need to!
- Coldcalm is $6.46 + shipping for 60 tablets on Amazon.com. ($$)
- Oscillococcinum is $18.99 + shipping for 18 doses on Amazon.com. ($$$)
- Chestal is $9.99 + shipping for 8.45 fl oz (~50 doses) on Amazon.com. ($$)
Boiron Cough, Cold and Flu Value Pack?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Boiron USA website. Then, comment here and tell me about something you learned there.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @boironusa on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter today to #win a @boironusa cold, cough & flu value pack! #Giveaway ends 2/20. http://bit.ly/hgNyqW
5) Become a fan of Boiron USA on Facebook, and be sure to let them know that The Twinners sent you!
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments). Make sure you have my updated button or your entries don't count!!
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 2/6 or non-giveaway posts from before 1/30 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Join Swagbucks using this link.
14) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on February 20, 2011 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a Boiron cold, cough & flu value pack sponsored by Tomoson.com free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson product review & giveaway disclosure.