Feb 28, 2011
11:39 AM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDMy biggest problem with nursing the baby is how to feed her in public. At school I find an empty classroom so I don't need to cover up. Even so, sometimes people just walk in thinking the room is empty, and I have to quickly shield my chest from curious eyes. One reason why I don't use covers is because they can be really hot, so the baby and I are both sweltering long before she's done eating. Another problem is that they don't always look nice and you can really only use them for nursing. You'd never want to just put one on as an accessory. Also, many nursing covers are bulky and don't fit into my diaper bag.
Pirose for Nursing was "invented by a nursing mother. It's is a lightweight, breathable nursing scarf like no other on the market. Designed for new mothers who refuse to sacrifice style for function, the revolutionary Pirose works as a multi-way nursing scarf and fashion accessory providing discreet coverage and a stylish touch.
With modern prints and subtle florals, Pirose offers a wide array of designs to suit any new mother's style, while still offering complete nursing coverage.
Graceful, elegant feminine and beautiful, Pirose is a stylish blend of fashion and function for new mothers. Depending on your style, each Pirose comes in a length and design to complement any look."
The pictures I took show only two of the many ways you can wear the Pirose. There are actually 12 different ways to wear the Pirose, and it's easy to create each different look. It also comes in different sizes, so you can completely personalize your look. For me, I chose the largest size so I would be able to use it as a nursing cover. The first picture taken shows just how much coverage I will get when I want to nurse the baby. I can have no fears of flashing people around me! Then, when I'm done, I can tie it into a pretty scarf rather than stuffing it into my diaper bag. It does, however, come with its own carrying case if I do choose to put it in the diaper bag. Because it's made of 100% polyester, it can fit into even the most crammed diaper bag, and it's machine washable, too!
The Pirose is also incredibly lightweight and breathable. There's no way I could get hot under this, even on a hot summer day. My only concern is that because it's so light, you can almost see through the material, which would defeat the purpose of covering up. But, since the baby is basically shielding the majority of the breast with her head, it shouldn't be an issue. Because it's so light, I can also use the Pirose to lightly cover her car seat to keep the sun off on a hot day without worrying about her getting overheated.
The Pirose is really the ultimate fashion accessory for the nursing mom.
Cost: You can buy the Pirose for $35 + shipping. ($$$$)
Overall: We give the Pirose an 9/10!
How would you like to win a Juli for Nursing Pirose?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Reno Rose website. Then, comment here and tell us what your favorite pattern is.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @RenoRoseInc on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet about this giveaway once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet. (Please use the following retweet button - click where it says "tweet", not on the number bubble)
5) Become a fan of Reno Rose on Facebook and post on your Facebook wall about the giveaway (making sure to link to the giveaway page). Please comment here with the permalink to your Facebook wall post.
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments). Make sure you have my updated button or your entries don't count!!
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 2/28 or non-giveaway posts from before 2/21 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries). You can do this once per day, and be sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Please comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on March 14, 2011 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent the Pirose free of charge for the sole purpose of this review and which we are using for the giveaway; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by Reno Rose for this review.