Mar 25, 2011
4:43 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
CLOSEDDance First. Think Later., you will find "a collection of the greatest life wisdom from an unexpected group of speakers, doers, and thinkers." These "pithy but profound nuggets of big-picture wisdom can give anyone direction, courage, and inspiration."
About the Authors:
"Kathryn and Ross Petras are a brother-and-sister writing team and inveterate collectors of quotations. Their books include Age Doesn't Matter Unless You're a Cheese, The 776 Stupidest Things Ever Said, Don't Forget to Sing in the Lifeboats, and many more. Their work has been covered in publications including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and the London Times, and on numerous television and radio shows, including Good Morning America. They are also the creators of the bestselling The 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said Page-A-Day® calendar, which has more than 4.3 million copies in print. Ross Petras lives with his family in New Jersey; Kathryn Petras with her husband in Manhattan."
I just love this book. It has some really amazing quotes in it that help you to remember what's really important in life. Here are some of my favorites:
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." ―Oscar Wilde
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." ―Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook." ―Julia Child
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ―Elbert G. Hubbard
And, just for my mom...
"Call home at least once a week." ―John Grisham
Dance First. Think Later. is the perfect gift for anyone. Do you need a graduation gift? Anniversary? Birthday? Maybe there's someone getting married or moving into a new home who needs a little direction and perspective. This book is perfect for everyone.
Cost: You can buy Dance First. Think Later. for $8.95 from Amazon.com. ($$$$)
Overall: We give Dance First. Think Later. a 9.5/10!
How would you like to win a copy of Dance First. Think Later.?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Comment here and tell me your favorite quote (please keep it clean).
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet about this giveaway once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet. (Please use the following retweet button - click where it says "tweet", not on the number bubble)
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments). Make sure you have my updated button or your entries don't count!!
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 3/25 or non-giveaway posts from before 3/18 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Join Swagbucks using this link.
12) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on April 8, 2011 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent Dance First. Think Later. free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.