Mar 22, 2011
1:02 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
"Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion is formulated to be far more effective than mere moisturizing lotions or protective creams while utilizing mostly natural ingredients. Seven years of research and development and 741 test batches resulted in a new proprietary blend of "super" humectants six times more effective than the industry standard, glycerin, at hydrating skin....Skin MD Natural is most often able to effectively treat the toughest dry skin and help resolve hard to handle skin conditions such as eczema."
The first thing I noticed about the Skin MD lotion is that it's more watery than creamy. I like that! It's not greasy, left no residue on my skin and was absorbed very quickly. After the very first application I noticed that my hands immediately felt smoother and well moisturized. The lotion also has a neutral lotiony smell which is mostly unnoticeable once it's absorbed into the skin (unless you stick your hand up to your nose and breathe in heavily).
I also love how Skin MD Natural is manufactured in the USA using 100% solar power, is free of animal products and animal testing. It is also made of a blend of natural ingredients without any harsh fragrances or other potentially toxic ingredients.
The bottom line is that the Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion is eco-friendly and treats the problem underlying dry skin rather than just replacing your body's natural moisturizer with artificial moisturizer. It also comes in an SPF 15 version for use as a moisturizing sunscreen.
Cost: You can buy Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion (Original Formula, 4oz Bottle) for $18.00 + shipping. ($$$$)
Overall: We give Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion a 9.5/10!
One very lucky reader will win a 4oz bottle of Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
First, visit the Skin MD website. Then, comment here and tell me about something you learned there.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @Skinmdnatural on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
4) Tweet about this giveaway once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet. (Please use the following retweet button - click where it says "tweet", not on the number bubble)
5) Become a fan of Skin MD on Facebook and post on your Facebook wall about the giveaway (making sure to link to the giveaway page). Please comment here with the permalink to your Facebook wall post.
6) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
7) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
8) Follow my personal blog, Elana's Musings.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments). Make sure you have my updated button or your entries don't count!!
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 3/22 or non-giveaway posts from before 3/15 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries). You can do this once per day, and be sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Please comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on April 5, 2011 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We were sent a 4oz bottle of Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.