Apr 22, 2011
4:31 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
What kinds of things can we do to celebrate B Kind 2 Earth Day? Well, here's what I'm doing today (and hopefully will continue to do every day)...
- Turning off lights when you're not in a room. It's just as simple as flipping the switch.
- Turning off AND unplugging any appliances when not using them. Even when things are turned off, if they're still plugged in then they are still using some electricity.
- Walking places instead of driving, or taking public transportation (when feasible). This is the most difficult for me because of needing to take the baby with me, but my hubby takes public transportation to work and he walks a LOT.
- Opening the windows instead of turning on the air conditioning.
- On the flip side, turning off the central heat and using space heaters (when feasible).
- Buying locally grown produce. I shop at a farmer's market type store that sells almost only produce (with some natural packaged products). They're significantly cheaper than the big chains, the food is much fresher, and I'm making a smaller carbon footprint by buying local.
How would you like to win a B Kind 2 Earth Day T-Shirt?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Comment here and tell me about something you're doing to celebrate B Kind 2 Earth Day.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet about this giveaway once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet. (Please use the following retweet button - click where it says "tweet", not on the number bubble and make sure it's linking directly to the giveaway page)
4) Become a fan of B Kind 2 Earth Day on Facebook.
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook and post on your Facebook wall about the giveaway using the link below (make sure it's linking directly to the giveaway page). Then, comment here with the permalink to your Facebook wall post.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
8) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments).
9) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments). Make sure you have my updated button or your entries don't count!!
10) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways, and make sure to leave separate comments for each giveaway entered. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 4/22 WILL BE DELETED.)
11) Sign up for Listia and become my "fan" for 5 additional entries. Once you complete your first auction on Listia, you get 10 additional entries! (If you do both, you get 15 additional entries, and be sure to leave either five, ten or fifteen separate comments.)
12) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 3 additional entries). You can do this once per day, and be sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Please comment 3 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on May 6, 2011 at midnight.
You must live in the US to enter. The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We received B Kind 2 Earth Day t-shirts free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
Labels: past giveaways