Apr 19, 2011
12:08 PM | Posted by Elana | Edit Post
"Lili, an apprentice of the Lady of the Lake, is the childhood friend of Percy, the boy who will become one of Arthur's greatest knights. But as they grow older, Lili begins to see their differences. She has otherworldly magic while he has the magic that lives within the Human Heart. Lili dreams of knowing human love while Percy dreams of finding the Holy Grail. Neither can succeed without the other."
About the Author:
"Anne Eliot Crompton grew up in the 1940s, a time when women's roles in myth were less acknowledged than today. Part of her life's work has been to shine light on women's immense contribution to the human story. She lives in Vermont."
My roommate in college was big into SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). She was actually the president of the club, and we used to go to renaissance-type fairs together. We still go once a year to King Richard's Faire here in Massachusetts, so reading an Arthurian fantasy novel is my idea of a great read. I enjoyed this book so much, I'm tempted to buy Anne's two other Arthurian books.
Aside from loving Arthurian legend, I also love any books about magic. Of course Arthurian legend is steeped in magic (a la Merlin), so this book's plot intrigued me in that way as well. Basically, I was hooked in from the first word and read the book in less than two days... I'm even tempted to read it again! The plot was steeped in believable fantasy and was a very easy read. This book is perfect for high school aged girls and up.
Cost: You can buy Percival’s Angel for $7.99 from Amazon.com. ($$$)
Overall: We give Percival’s Angel a 10/10!
One very lucky reader will win a copy of Percival’s Angel!
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Comment here and tell me about your favorite time period to read about.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet about this giveaway once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet. (Please use the following retweet button - click where it says "tweet", not on the number bubble and make sure it's linking directly to the giveaway page)
4) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook and post on your Facebook wall about the giveaway using the link below (make sure it's linking directly to the giveaway page). Then, comment here with the permalink to your Facebook wall post.
5) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
6) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you've confirmed your subscription.
7) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments).
8) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 5 additional entries (be sure to leave five separate comments). Make sure you have my updated button or your entries don't count!!
9) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways, and make sure to leave separate comments for each giveaway entered. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 4/18 WILL BE DELETED.)
10) Sign up for Listia and become my "fan" for 5 additional entries. Once you complete your first auction on Listia, you get 10 additional entries! You can also bid on my copy of "Percival’s Angel" on Listia and get 5 additional entries. (These entries are cumulative, so be sure to leave either five, ten, fifteen or twenty separate comments.)
11) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 3 additional entries). You can do this once per day, and be sure to comment on all giveaways you're in! Please comment 3 times every day that you click to let me know you clicked for each one.
This giveaway will close on May 3, 2011 at midnight.
The winner will be picked via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Make sure to leave me your email address with at least one of your entries so I can email you if you win. If your email address is on your blogger profile or on your blog that's fine too. If I cannot find your email address, I will mention that when I post the winner of the giveaway, and you'll have 48 hours to email me or another winner will be drawn.
We received a copy of "Percival’s Angel" free of charge for the sole purpose of this review; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.